3 Brilliant and fast DIY Projects to try at home during quarantine


If you know me you would already know I love all DIY projects especially home décor DIY. I have spent years watching videos about all “do it yourself” projects. And no I had nothing to do! Haha joking. 

So since we are all spending most of our time during quarantine at home either working, eating, watching Netflix, or sleeping I think it is the perfect time to take a break from everything and do some fast projects. We are going to have some fun!

This post’s projects will be about home office décor. Yes, you already know now all the design secrets to make you more productive so now it is time to DIY some brilliant décor ideas to bring those tips to life. (If you haven't read the post yet you can read it here:
https://apartmentpalette.blogspot.com/2020/04/6-design-secrets-that-will-boost-your.html?m=1
I will divide this topic into two posts, this is the first one!


DIY PROJECT 1: The mini inspiration Board in 5 mins

I know most of you loved this tip. And it is the easiest to do! I came across a Pinterest picture and thought to myself “ Wait,I have something I can use”. So you are thinking right now great Joy you have some cardboard or cork or a wire mesh you are going to work with. HA NO! I will be using (drumroll) a shelf from our old fridge. Yes, don’t reread the sentence you read it right the first time.

Materials I used:
  • The additional shelf that came with our fridge
  • Paper Clips
  • Some Pictures
    Materials Used




    End Result
I told you it is going to be easy 


So after I finished I realized I have an empty frame hanging in the living room that I just redesigned (pictures and post soon) and I really wanted to try to do another kind of inspirational board.

Materials I used:
  •  Empty Gold Frame
  • White Rope
  • Paper Clips
  •  Pictures 
Material Used
Step 1

Step 2


Final Result

I think they turned pretty amazing for a 5 minutes project!

My Inspiration Pictures: (This project can be done using different materials and ways. You can use cork board or wire mesh! Just use whatever is feasible in your space).
 

 

DIY PROJECT 2: The Calendar

This is not just a calendar okay? I think it is a brilliant hack that is needed on every desk. So let me tell you, this DIY calendar works just like a whiteboard. Meaning, you can write on it and erase whenever you feel like it. I think for me that is an amazing feature since my schedule changes constantly and my calendar usually ends up super messy!

Materials I used:
  • Photo frame with the glass (You can use plexiglass if you don’t have a photo frame)
  • Paper or cardboard (Can be white or any other color)
  • Pen
Steps:
  •  Draw the calendar on the paper/ cardboard and leave the places of the month and dates empty
  • Place the paper in the photo frame
  •  Fill the dates and month with another color pen (you will write them on the glass which is very easy to erase)
That is it!
Step 1

Step 2

Step 3


End Result
I filled my calendar with my actual Schedule!

My Inspiration Pictures:
 


 DIY PROJECT 3: Art

As I told you in my earlier post, art is a great distraction. So, if you don’t already have any artwork to place in your office this would be a fun project. (Note that I really wanted to try this project but I don’t have a printer but I would love if you can share with me your results).


So what do you think?




Thank you for reading! If you love this post don’t hesitate to share it! You can follow me on Instagram and Pinterest for more inspiration.
Follow me on:



Comments

Popular Posts